See other job openings, hear from the founders, learn more about Savvy, and understand who is a good fit for our team on our Jobs Homepage.
Community Outreach Specialist
Savvy is looking for an enthusiastic community outreach specialist to help us deliver on our ever-growing demand for patient insights! You’ll work closely with our business development team to assess the feasibility of various projects (e.g. how easy it is to reach the very specific patient population a client is looking for) as well as our operations team to help them connect directly with targeted patients and caregivers.
Ideal candidates have experience in patient advocacy and community outreach, are motivated by getting things over the finish line, and are excellent communicators. You’ll be the front door for patients to learn about Savvy, so be prepared to talk about why diverse patient insights help accelerate innovation and how Savvy helps patients get paid when they do so!
Responsibilities may include:
- Primary responsibility is identifying and recruiting patients for various projects
- Searching Savvy’s existing database for patients who may qualify
- Reaching out to Savvy members to ask them to share opportunities with their communities
- Reaching out externally from Savvy (e.g. on social media, to patient groups etc) to new individuals not yet connected with Savvy to inform them of applicable projects
- Responding quickly to teammates to get them the information they need to move their work forward
- Collaborating with teammates to understand their requests
- Works well under pressure (things move fast here!)
- Is an effective communicator, both internally and to the community
- Has their own patient experience to draw from to foster empathetic outreach
- Has a keen awareness for cultural differences and community sensitivities
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Has superb organizational skills
- Is willing to jump in wherever necessary
- Is comfortable and skilled at using various softwares, social media, CRMs, etc
- Bonus if has experience working in healthcare, pharma, digital health, market research, user experience research, etc.
- Is comfortable giving and receiving feedback to and from teammates
Has prior experience working in patient advocacy
Part-time and full-time available
Savvy is a distributed team, meaning we all work remotely, even pre-pandemic